Apply for a Special Event Permit
Events requiring permits
- Dances, parades, concerts, or any event that requires a street closure.
- Events open to the public that will be attended by 50 or more people.
- For profit or non-profit sponsored events that meet the above criteria.
Application instructions: File your application and questionnaire with the Oakland Police Department at least 30 days prior to your event:
- In Person: Eastmont Substation, 2651 73rd Avenue, Oakland, CA
Office Hours: Tuesday - Friday, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Insurance: You must provide proof of liability insurance for your proposed event.
Sound amplification: Contact City Administrator to learn if the amplification equipment your event will use requires a sound permit.