To request a hearing by mail, send a letter to:
Parking Citation Assistance Center - Hearing Department
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 6300
Oakland, CA 94612
The letter should explain why you are challenging the ruling. Be sure to send any documents that support your case.
What happens when you ask for an Administrative Hearing?
- After you hear the decision about the parking ticket you challenged, you have 21 days to schedule an Administrative Hearing.
- You can ask for an administrative hearing by phone, in person or by mail
- You must pay the same amount of money as the ticket fine before scheduling a hearing. If you win your administrative hearing, you will get that money back.
- You will receive a notice in the mail with the date and time of your hearing
- All hearings are held Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and are held at the Eastmont Mall Police Substation, 2651 73rd Avenue, Upper Lever, Oakland, CA 94601
What if I can't go to my scheduled hearing?
If you can't go to the scheduled hearing you can reschedule the hearing or ask for a hearing by mail. To reschedule the hearing, call the Hearing Department at (510) 238-4484 at least five calendar days before the scheduled hearing.