Contact the City of Oakland Renter's Rights Hotline
Low-income renters can get help if they are living in a foreclosed property.
Call Us(510) TENANTS or (510) 836-268
As a renter in the City of Oakland, your rights are protected by law. If your landlord is going through a foreclosure, you may still have the right to stay in your home.
- A foreclosure sale it doesn't always mean your landlord will lose the property.
- If you don't pay your rent you can be evicted. Protect yourself and keep paying rent.
- If you don't know who owns the place where you live call (510) TENANTS for help.
- You don't have to accept "cash for keys."
- If you have a new landlord, they can't raise the rent or evict you without legal notice.
- If you have a new landlord, they must pay for any utilities that your old landlord owed.